A quick update for you all from Karori Anglican Churches. As previously mentioned, we are referring to and trusting the advice we receive from our Ministry of Health. Below is some in important information.
The symptoms of COVID-19 are:
• a cough
• a high temperature (at least 38°C)
• shortness of breath.
These symptoms do not necessarily mean you have COVID-19. The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu. However, infections with mild symptoms such as cold-like symptoms or no symptoms are likely, but it’s not known how common this is.
How to protect yourself and others
• Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
• Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
• Wash your hands with soap and water often. (KAC recommend saying the Lord’s Prayer as a good indication of how long for)
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
• Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
• Stay home if you feel unwell and call Healthline on 0800 358 5453.
It is important we stay in touch with each other and process changes together as they happen around us however, we need to respect that each of us will have different responses to the health situation as it develops globally. Please respect individual’s need and desire for keeping themselves safe. If you are particularly anxious about coming to church, I suggest you do not but if you make this decision can you please let Heidi in the church office know on 04 476 8978 so we know you are safe.
Please also know that after consultation and deliberation we have also decided to cease serving coffee and tea after any services to minimise any risk to our vulnerable parishioners.
God’s peace that surpasses all understanding be upon each of you.
Reverend Ian Cook